Copy of ABOUT
Hello! My name is Jeri Freeman and I'm a wordaholic and a font fanatic. There I said it. I'm essentially addicted to words and fonts. Our designs are essentially words, thoughts or feelings paired with the "perfect" font.
You see we're on a mission to change the world one word at a time. We realize this is very ambitious but it's really quite simple. Our hope is when someone sees our words, they resonate with them in some way and "sparks" an emotion, an action or just a smile. In this way, we've had an impact or made a "mark" on this world.
To expand on this concept, we plan to donate to designated charities each time someone posts their purchases to social media and tags us. Learn more about the causes we're passionate about here.
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - Most people know someone who has battled cancer. Unfortunately, we know too many. Two important family members who lost their battles were my mom, Eileen Levin who passed when I was just six years old and my brother, Mark Levin who passed in 2013. To honor them, we will donate so that other daughters or sisters are not left without their family members like I was. If you're not familiar with this organization, click here.
- Cure PSP - Here you will find information and support for patients, their families and others about degenerative brain diseases. My father suffered from CBGD for more than eight years. It's a horrible disease that slowly took away his ability to function as well as his dignity. My hope is that additional funds raised will ensure others won't have to endure what he went through. Read about his story here.
- Jespy House - This is an amazing place that enables adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to achieve their full potential and lead independent lives. These are special people who are helping special people and we hope our donations help to grow this organization. My nephew benefits greatly from their services, for more information click here.
- Girls Rock Chicago - I picked this organization as a dedication to my dear friend Rachel Rosen who passed away in January 2020 after a long battle with metastatic breast cancer. Among her many passions, music was at the top of the list. Her foundation will help others realize their musical passions. To learn more, click here.
- wfuv.org - WFUV is the listener-supported public media service of Fordham University and my go-to radio station. It champions music discovery by curating an eclectic blend of rock, roots and world music, from emerging, indie, and established artists. The best part is they are commercial free and are also involved in community engagement and public service. To listen to music or hear what they're up to, click here.
Every time you post pictures of your purchase, we'll donate to these causes. Together we can weaponize words for the greater good and make a difference in the world.
Please purchase and post so we can continue to design and donate. It's a win all around. Feel free to share the causes that are important to you. We'd love to hear about them and they may just inspire a new collection or collaboration. To send details our way, contact us by clicking here.
We hope you enjoyed learning a little something about us. We look forward to seeing your posts and learning more about you. Thanks so much for your support!